Meet the Garden of Eden Creation Kit!
Welcome to the Fallout 3 mod community!
This category is your hub to getting started in the GECK tool we used to create Fallout 3's quests, items, enemies, areas, and almost everything else you interact with in the game. Learning to use this tool will empower you change all of these aspects of the game, too.
If you're familiar with the Elder Scrolls Construction Set tool, check out what's new and improved to get an overview of what to expect from the GECK.
If you're new to modding Bethesda Game Studios' games, or new to modding in general, then you may want to check out our "My First Vault" tutorial series, introduced below.
This tutorial series is a collaborative effort of Bethesda developers to help you get your feet wet by building your very own Vault. We'll walk you through every step involved from setting up the GECK to preparing your content to be shared with the online Mod Community!
Thanks again for your interest; we can't wait to see what you come up with.
Bethesda Game Studios Staff
My First Vault Tutorial Series
This series of task-oriented tutorials will walk you through every workflow step involved with creating a new level and adding it to Fallout 3. Example plugins are included to compare your work against at the end of each tutorial.
Good luck, and be sure to offer your thoughts and suggestions on the discussion pages.
Helpful Articles for Further Reading
- What the shortcuts are for different editing modes.
- More about how plugins work, and managing multiple mods.
- Some helpful tools for debugging.
- How (and why) to use Static Collections
Where to Go Next
So you've mastered the tutorials and you're still hungry information? Try these sections of the wiki:
Pages in category "Getting Started"
The following 23 pages are in this category, out of 23 total.
- Bethsoft Tutorial Basic Quest
- Bethsoft Tutorial Clutter
- Bethsoft Tutorial Finalize and Connect
- Bethsoft Tutorial GECK Setup
- Bethsoft Tutorial Layout
- Bethsoft Tutorial Lighting
- Bethsoft Tutorial Navmesh
- Bethsoft Tutorial Non-NPC population
- Bethsoft Tutorial NPC population
- Bethsoft Tutorial Optimization
- Bethsoft Tutorial Static Collections
- Bethsoft Tutorial Traps